Funny things about my girls, the 2 legged and 4 legged. And occasional rants about the other parts of life, including the DH.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Welcome Home to Happiness Hotel
My favorite place to hear "welcome home" is our Disney trips, because that's how Vacation Club members are greeted and it does always feel like home. In flying to Minnesota to drive to Wisconsin for working in the plant and checking into a hotel that is back in Minnesota, I have realized the value of a true "Happiness Hotel". For a while, I stayed in vaious places closer to the plant and every time, I came home sick. The air was always stuffy and if the was a breakfast, it was not very good. Enter a brilliant idea - stay somewhere close to a large company headquarters and use their corporate rate. This only benefits that company by bringing more business to the hotel. Our choice is the Sheraton St. Paul/Woodbury - a nice little "home" when I have to be away from home. My travel buddy and I were both recognized by staff members, which also may indicate that we come a little too often. But by coming often, we know what to expect. Like a room on the fourth floor, which has certain perks and amenities associated with it. Like a robe and a shower puff and a really nice shower head. But even the lower floors have a much nicer feel in staying here than most hotels I've been too. The hotel is relatively new, there has never been smoking in the hotel so nothing smells like smoke! The restaurant and bar downstairs is always busy and always good (especially when the previously mentioned corporate rate gets you a complimentary breakfast buffet - oatmeal, sausage and bacon, eggs, pastries, cereals, etc). Coffee and hot tea on your way out the door (Starbucks and Tazo to be precise). A large HD flat screen in the room and a nice armoire to store everything in. It's really the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in (although since I qualified it as a hotel, that rules out our DVC home of Bay Lake Towers which was indeed phenomenal). Mention you don't want a paper, they take some off your bill. Hang a plackard out overnight and get a voucher for the facility for $5 off just for having housekeeping stay out of your room the next day (win-win for everyone here). The workout facilities are fantastic, although I never seem to remember my swimsuit. There's a big, comfy bed, large desk space and gorgeous bathroom amenities with a lovely French door opening which just makes it feel that much richer. I'm in heaven to come stay here. And its only 45 minutes max to the Mall of America. A very wonderful "happiness hotel".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment