Funny things about my girls, the 2 legged and 4 legged. And occasional rants about the other parts of life, including the DH.
Monday, March 16, 2009
things I love 20 - musicals, Broadway, plays
I love musicals, Broadway shows, plays, whatever. I think live theater is wonderful. I can't do it but I love to watch it. When we first moved to NC, my mom got tickets to see A Christmas Carol even though we didn't have a lot of money. I played flute in 6th grade, but decided to switch to chorus in 7th. I was the Prop master for "Finnian's Rainbow" when I was in 7th grade. In 8th grade, I was the assistant director for "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown" - my favorite pat of that job was helping the girl that played Snoopy with her "Sopwith Camel" monologue. In high school and college, I was in chorus and attended lots of shows. We went to several in London, including "Hamlet" in the park and "Five Guys Named Moe". I like being in the audience or behind the scenes more than I'll ever like on the stage. Last summer, I got the opportunity to buy season tickets to the Broadway Series South collection. So far, a blast. We saw Rain, Chicago, and A Chorus Line. Next up is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Happy Days, and The Wizard of Oz. I know I've seen a whole variety of pllays. A Midsummer Night's Dream done with a 60s flair in high school was one of my favorites. And now, Beca enjoys the movie versions of a lot of musicals. So hopefully, she'll love to see them too - when she can sit still long enough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment