Got your attention with that title, huh? That's for Stephanie!
The Copper for 7 is a reference to the fact that the traditional gift for anniversary #7 is copper. My DH bought me a Sirius Satelite radio for my car that goes only in my car but is somehow semi-transportable if you buy a boombox type device to plug it into. The idea was ingenious but I just got it in my car about 10 days ago. I do love it. I can actually pause songs (sort of like Tivo) and then listen to that song over and over again. So when I was in a foul mood the other day, I listened to Pink's new song "So What" over and over until I really did want to start a fight. And I don't normally want to physically fight. I prefer dueling with language and terrific commentary (as long as I'm winning). I'm mostly thankful that he did not get me anything in the "wool" option for traditional gifts. Our friend Jeff wins the most from this information and Steve is is new savior. Steve informed Kristin of the Copper for 7 ruling and she realized that green lighting the new TV was going to have to happen in order to reward her DH for their 7th anniversary. Way to go on the cool flat screen, my friend!
So, there is a song that they like to play on one of the stations that reminds me that one definition of Madness is doing the same thing and expecting different results. It amazing how much this applies everywhere in life. "But this is how we've always done it" is a phrase I hear more often than I care to and find it coming out of my mouth even on occasion, though I try to use different phrasing. I feel like I'm always doing the same thing because someone elses thinks it will get a new and different result. Not so much. Can't make chicken salad from chicken poop no matter what other ingredients you throw in with it.
Our anniversary present to each other was a wekeend in Myrtle Beach at a resort and spa. We spent all day Saturday getting massaged, sugar scrubbed, facialed, pedicured and manicured and fed too! Sunday we said no to a time share (and Steve kept doing some lame fist pump he picked up at work) and then went shopping, eating and played 54 holes of miniature golf (or "minotaur goff" as one very interesting course deems it). It was completely worth it although the harsh reality of work slammed full force on Tuesday. I've determined that I need an entire 8-10 days away from work to actually feel truly rested. Luckily, I am 100 days away from that reality. One must have something to look forward to in life, you know.
And in case you are wondering, here's a nifty little website with the traditional and modern and alternate anniversary gifts.
http://www.happy-anniversary.com/year-of-marriage/index.html
I really liked it because it listed the jewelry and alternate jewelry!
Insanity ensues in my world so it is now time to finish packing Beca-Boo and myself for a weekend trip to Pennsylvania (still pronounced "Penn-sul-bania"). Yeah, that's right - I got home Monday, scrapbooked Tuesday, 5 loads of laundry and packing tonight and we are leaving tomorrow right after work. I think the washer is a bit agitated with me. I hope the Halloween parade in Boyertown, PA is a lot of fun although the forecast is a bit of a shocker considering the 85 degrees today. A 25 degree drop in the high for us. Hopefully Beca can be bribed with a delightful array of new clothes that just came out of the bottom of her closet. And hopefully, I remember my camera.
2 comments:
I hope that you enjoyed the parade. I really wanted to stop over, but, I was home sick. I love keeping up with things that your family does with your blog!
Hey, Happy much belated. Neil and I mostly ignored our 7th with the luck we've had with making any kind of plans.
Post a Comment